Although Microsoft took too much time to release windows 10 many users are still facing some issues regarding backward compatibility. Windows 10 comes with new set of privacy policies that have attracted a lot of criticism with-in 24 hours of its launch. Here rises some questions.
- What are the privacy parameters which windows 10 is following?
- Do it need to collect such a large amount of your data?
And here are some of the drawbacks which we’re talking about.
- When downloading Windows 10, you are authorizing Microsoft to share any of your information or data with any third-party, with or without your consent.
- Windows 10 Cortana almost collects all your data including your keystrokes, mic input, searches, data from your calendar, your address book, contacts and relationship, credit card payment information, data from your email, SMS, your call list, music that you listen, what you view or purchase, browser history and what not. And you don’t even have option what to share with Cortana and what you don’t want to share which concerns the privacy of a user. Cortana is currently not available in most countries.
- Other then Cortana, Microsoft can also Collect Any Personal Data of Yours!
- You cannot re-size windows using the handle bars, which were present in most of the previous versions of Windows.
- Unable to stop Windows Updates. Up to date windows 10 is now compulsory and you all know how annoying it is when you get ton of updates everyday when you have turned on automatic updates.
- Some users are also complaining that after the update there main documents folder have been added in automatic backup folders list without there consent. Which will backup there folders and files in which they have there personnel documents and pictures to Microsoft servers or One Drive.
- Data Syncing is by Default Enabled
- Most of all, Windows 10 has even removed the functionality to change the volume level using the scroll button present in the taskbar.
Considering Windows 10 is distributed as a free upgrade, data privacy advocates are likely to get on the roll soon. Saying all that I can tell you that in terms of privacy, compatibility and user experience, Microsoft Windows 10 is almost the worst release ever by Microsoft.