Today, Google has launched a special project for Pakistan named as “Wonders Of Pakistan” to present and promote the cultural heritage of the country with special street view maps for the finest cultural and historical treasures from Pakistan. This project is based on the showcase of Pakistan’s finest cultural treasures. From ancient monuments to contemporary art, be inspired by the wonders of this incredible country.
Google, in collaboration with local official authorities, selected a set of places from all across Pakistan and then featured them through 360-degree street-level imagery also known as street view mapping.
Google Cultural Institute is an initiative unveiled by Google following the 2011 launch of the Google Art Project. The Cultural Institute was launched in 2011, and put 42 new exhibits online on October 10, 2012. It is “an effort to make important cultural material available and accessible to everyone and to digitally preserve it to educate and inspire future generations.” The Cultural Institute includes the Google Art Project, which features high-resolution images of artworks from museums in over 40 countries; the World Wonders Project, which presents three-dimensional recreations of world heritage sites; and archival exhibitions, many in partnership with museums around the world.
Google Cultural Institute Pakistan is all about preserving this heritage and digitizing history to present it to the people beyond our boundaries.
The Places that are covered under Street View Project are as under:
- Forecourt of the Wazir Khan Mosque, Lahore
- Historical Building of Lahore Museum
- Lahore Museum
- Fakir Khana Museum, Lahore
- Badshahi Mosque, Lahore
- Jahangir’s Tomb, Lahore
- Walled City of Lahore – Gates
- Lahore Fort – Interior Courtyard
- Shalimar Gardens, Lahore
- Lahore Fort – Jahangir’s Quadrangle
- Lahore Fort – Pavilion
- Allama Iqbal’s Tomb, Lahore
- Shrine of Hazrat Mian Mir, Lahore
- Tomb of Malik Ahmed Ayaz, Lahore
- Shrine of Baba Bulleh Shah, Qasoor
- Tomb of Waris Shah, Sheikhupura
- Harappa Archaeological Site
- Harappa Museum, Sahiwal
- Darawar Fort
- Rohtas Fort, Jhelum
- Rohtas Fort Museum, Jhelum
- Kamran’s Baradari
- Hiran MInar Park, Sheikhupura
- Darbar Hazrat Baba Farid, Pak Pattan
- Stupa of Buddha, Rawalpindi
- Sheikhupura Fort, Sheikhupura
You can explore the Wonders Of Pakistan Project here.